Sunday, August 7, 2011

Of Lands Far Off...

It has been far to long since my last post on this blog. This can be blamed on real life stuff and being a little burnt out of PC gaming. I have been playing some LOTRO here and there though, but not blogging... I've been finding that after playing I no longer have the drive to write about it what I just did. However, tonight just felt like a "blog" night and gosh darn it, that's what I'm going to do!

I've been extremely productive on my champion: Talmidim; he's level 65 now which marks the second time I've taken a character to the level cap. Playing the champion has been some serious fun for me! I rocketed through the Moria content with great speed and precision. I did some group content here and there on Talmidim during levels 50-55 conquering  the School and Library of Tham Mirdain, and the Forgotten Treasury. I made it a priority to get my Moria Blademaster armour set and ran The Grand Stair, The Forges, and Fil Gashan before I hit 61.

One evening while I was still level 60 and close to acquiring my 4th Blademaster piece I joined a PUG for The Forges which turned out to be a very beneficial experience. The other 5 members of the PUG were of a small kin I've never seen around before.; they were extremely helpful, friendly, and funny (and all used voice chat, which I find is becoming rarer and rarer in PUGs). During our run we were talking about kin dynamics for some reason and I mentioned the woes of the large kin that I was in and how the kin chat channel had turned into an  "/advice" channel and no longer seemed like a community. After hearing this and approving of my communication and performance in the Forges of Moria, they asked me to join the ranks of "Hobbition Hoblites". I accepted. It's been awesome to be a part of a small kin that runs things regularly... I find I enjoy the fresh new experience it brings.

Talmidim just recently finished all of the epic quests from Moria to the Dol Guldur and now is delving into Volume 3. I maybe can continue my post on questing in Enedwaith...haha. This blog has become a bunch of unfinished little guides and musings that I've been meaning to finish but never find the time. I want to remedy that some day.

Here's a couple recent epic(ish) screenshots from my adventures that I quite like.(click for larger versions) 





Keep your stick on the ice,
           -Garrison

No comments:

Post a Comment