Saturday, March 26, 2011

To Those Icy Shores















Last night was the third time I've had a chance to log in to LOTRO and actually play since the update. It was a pretty fun evening because I got to run the Glacier Fortress in all it's entirety (Tier 1). I really loved the instance. The boss fights were interesting with some fun mechanics, the core group I ran it with was really helpful and full of communication which made our wipes more bearable, and I loved the atmosphere and animations in the dungeon itself. Because we ran it on Tier 1 difficulty the loot was not impressive at all but most of the group was new to the fortress so it was good just to get a general feel of the fights.

So far with what little I've experienced in the Echoes of the Dead update I'm pretty impressed. Although the glff is more full of crap than ever and theres some people ranting about how they hate the changes and what not, I think the LOTRO experience got a breath of fresh air with Update 2. The people in my kin seem to be having fun again helping each other out and learning the new content. It seems like more people are online more often and it's just nice to see. I know I am more optimistic than the average person but I think I have good cause to believe that the update was a good step forward for LOTRO.



Currently I am taking a break from my Russian History paper and watching some Hockey Night in Canada so depending on when I finish it, I will post an article on my run through the Glacier Fortress of Sari-Surma. However, it's looking like it won't happen until late Sunday night or early Monday morning. So check back soon! Thanks for stopping by On Distant Shores! If you have any comments please leave them below, if you want to read more from me in the future you can subscribe to my feeds in the column to the right.

Keep your stick on the ice,
            -Garrison

1 comment:

  1. Cheers, Garrison!

    I skimmed over much of your blog this morning and I quite like it! The screens are nice (you obviously have a bit of a knack for Middle-earth fashions) and it's always good to meet a fellow hockey fan and Tolkien geek!

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete